Did u know that in Indonesia especially Jakarta :
- In your birthday, you are the one that spends money in treating your friends.
- Our former president Soeharto ruled in indonesia for 32 years.
- Strange fact that no matter how poor the person is, they always have money to buy a cigarette.
- it is estimated only 10,5 % of the population here use internet from the total 237 million people (2008).
- The cost of a gallon of gas is $ 2.3 USD (Price at november 2008) or for a liter of gas is 60 cent USD.
- 80% the population belief are Islam or Moslem.
- you are expected to open your shoe or slipper when you visit someone’s home unless the owner allow u to wear it.
- Rice is the nation staple diet.
- The average temperature in Jakarta is 32 Celsius or 89,6 Fahrenheit.
- oh yeah, btw we use metric system.
- Pork or pig meat are rarely found in the supermarket or flea market, cow and chicken is the common one.
- In here, u can combine rice with anything, with fried chicken, steaks, soups etc.
- Kissing mouth to mouth is considered taboo in public.
- The top of Monas Tower (National Monument) are gold coated.
- No matter how old you are, porn are considered illegal here. :)
Well there’s more, but i think that’s just it for the day. cheers! :)
u may also like this :