My division last month just bought 3 piece of Mybook Premium Edition II 1Tera. I’m really excited when i got one of these Hard disk, Its 1 Tera (1024 Giga) for god sakes!! It could fill all of my hdd songs and movies :D
after a month of using it, i find it very usefull if u want to back up your data but the lack of driver make it hard to be portable.
XP doesn’t recognize this as a portable device (as it’s said on the manual that this is not a portable hard disk) so i have to install the driver first. it’s quite annoying have to install the driver every time i brought mybook to friends house and couldn’t use it because i forgot to bring the driver.
to make it short here a list of the positive and negative things after a month using Mybook Premium Edition II. the negative things are:
- Not handy like the pictures on ads!! just like an oxford dictionary
- Heavy around 5 kg or 11 pounds
- Slow to copy and read, some time needs around 2-3 second if we trying to access it after idle a while
- Needs driver to use
- Can’t be used on linux or mac(i haven’t test on mac)
- It needs around 1 to 2 hours to copy 130Gigs of mp3
- It’s heavy for god sake!!!
- U can’t auto back-up using network drive
- The premium edition comes worth a hefty price around 399 USD
The Positive things are
- 1 Tera!!! after a month plundering my friends PC trying to fill mybook, i only manage to fill 261 Gigs of data
- Great Software, its have a back-up software with increment setting(update only new files)
- Have i said it’s 1Tera, it’s huuggeee, around 1024 Gigs.
- yup that’s it, just that, nothin more, zip, nada.
Even though there’s a lot of negative thing in using, believe me 1Tera its big and compared with other portable devices it’s only a slight performance differences.
u may also like this :